CCR #3 (Draft)

Creative Constructive Reflection #3 Draft:

3.) How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

    At the beginning of my magazine's production, I was only skilled with a few Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, One Note and PowerPoint. This proved to be a disadvantage considering that the vast majority of my magazine would not require knowledge of these other programs, as Publisher was the program that I would need to use the most throughout the magazine's development. I had no knowledge of how Publisher worked, so beginning to create my magazine was difficult due to the fact that I couldn't make heads or tails of the settings on my computer. Within a week, however, I was able to create a cover I was satisfied with, especially the Masthead that's behind the model's face rather than in front. 
    Throughout this project, I also learned how to edit photos through programs such as Photoshop and Paint. I didn't have any prior knowledge of how Photoshop worked either, so when I went to edit my photos, I had difficulty trying to use basic tools such as the blemish remover. Fortunately, with a bit of my own practice with the program and the help of my instructor and peers that have used the program previously, I was able to develop moderate skills and use the basic and slightly more advanced tools and settings on the program, which allowed me to make my model's skin look as dewy and airbrushed as I pleased. 
    Lastly, I also struggled with organization. Planning out when to edit photos, write or edit articles and create blogposts proved to be a huge undertaking. I was definitely not ready to handle all the responsibilities that come with the position of a magazine creator and publisher. I find that my organization skills have improved since the commencement of my project, and it shows through my work on my blogposts and end-of-quarter submissions. It's impossible to produce or have "good production skills" without being able to intelligently and effectively manage your time and workload. Through the process of my magazine's creation, these newfound organization and time management skills have helped me outside of Media and Film Studies, and apply to both my personal and academic life. 
    Overall, I can safely say that my production skills have vastly improved as I have become more familiar with editing softwares such as Photoshop and Publisher and have developed skills that are not only necessary to the production of my magazine project, but also to my pursuit of a higher education and personal extracurriculars.

Comments

Popular Posts