Distribution Research (Traditional Distribution Model)

Distribution Research (Traditional Distribution Model):

    Traditionally, a magazine's publisher deals with magazine distribution agencies. One traditional print distributing agency,  Warner's Group Publications, works on building a partnership with the magazine. The distributor essentially act as a "manager" of sorts as they present the product to retail buyers. The agency works with new launches and established publications, meaning that they are involved with the editing and fine tuning of the magazine before it is published and then sold. These type of agencies are very helpful for smaller magazines because they have prior knowledge and experience from working with other magazines (possibly bigger ones).
    For my  magazine I plan to use a distributor that is similar to the traditional model. Specifically, I would ideally prefer a distributor that can help me tweak and edit my magazine and also act as a middle man when discussing prices to print. I can get their prior knowledge and insight as an experienced company that has most likely worked with many successful magazines. Every piece of information I could possibly receive as a magazine creator can benefit me. 







Comments

Popular Posts