Distribution Plan

Distribution Plan:

     For my magazine Donna's distribution plan, I would like to create an app that's available across all platforms, including App stores for many different types of phones. Specifically, I would like to focus on offering a completely digital version of my magazine that my consumers can buy without having to purchase a print version. This will reduce paper costs at my company and reduce the amount of money that will be spent distributing any of the paper products, therefore increasing the profit margin by a considerable amount.
     As I've stated before, it would be ideal to create and design an app that's has a cellphone user friendly interface. This would allow as many people as possible (specifically a younger audience) to enjoy and consume the material that my magazine creates (articles, photo galleries, model interviews, etc.). Conversely, I believe that offering a digital version of the print magazine available on devices such as Kindles and iPads will help connect with an older demographic that isn't quite fluent with the usage of technology. The Kindle and the iPad are easy devices to use, and keep the capabilities of the user in mind, which make them ideal for an older audience that want to read and access media in a paperless world.
    Lastly, I would also like to include an option for downloadable PDF's of my magazine to be bought without having to get the app. I believe that the app should still offer the magazine digitally with a subscription, but not be exclusive to just the magazine. Offering a buyable PDF would help make the book readable on phones that might not have as much storage space or be ideal for the type of person that just wants to log online and read without any of the app's bells and whistles. 
   


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts