Scouting Locations

Scouting Locations:

Scouting for locations had to be the most difficult and frustrating part of my project. I couldn't get the image of my magazine I had in my head; I had set my expectations way too high.

  Fortunately, my school's choir and I had the amazing opportunity to perform and spend the day at Magic Kingdom and Epcot in exchange for our two back-to-back performances. Knowing this, I got excited because I was going to Disney World, but mostly because I could take the most beautiful photos at such a magical place.

    After my excitement wore off I finally did what any sane person would do: research my potential options. So I got to work and managed to compile a list of pavilions at Epcot.

France:

My first potential choice was the France pavilion at Epcot. I considered France because its considered the home of all fashion and beauty trends. Ultimately, I did not decide on France because I felt that despite the country's history with fashion and beauty, the city lacked any eye catching structures that I could shoot my subject in front of. The city lacked a certain modern style that I was searching for.




Mexico:

The next country I considered was Mexico due to the plethora of geometric designs that would make for intriguing  and eye-catching photos. Although there were many scenic locations, there were too many park visitors in these spaces, and not enough time to take any photos.




Norway:

Next is Norway, which I considered due to the vibrant and unique designs and colors. The vibrant and loud reds would attract attention to the cover and pique the interest of any readers of the magazine. I was going to ask Camryn to pose here since everything about this location seemed ideal, however, the photos I wanted to take were close to the building. This proved to be impossible when I noticed that there were signs and cords prohibiting anyone from getting closer. This really put a damper on my photoshoot.




Japan:




Lastly, I discovered the cultural abundance of Japan. Japan is a beautiful country full of life, culture and style. Nothing reflects this fact more than Japan's beautiful architecture. Due to choir time restraints, I didn't have much time to explore or take photos in Japan. Fortunately, I decided to take a short and quick impromptu photoshoot in a small, secluded section of the Morocco pavilion in Epcot.


Morocco:

Lastly, Morocco. I visited Morocco before Japan and decided to take my photo shoot in there. There were many secluded areas that I could easily spend as much or little space as I wanted since there weren't any tourists nearby. I was able to find this small, secluded area in the House of Mouse because of research I did prior to visiting Epcot. Fortunately, the location I chose isn't popular among tourists despite is beauty and geometrical designs, and I was able to get the perfect shot.


Comments

Popular Posts