Project Selection- Film

Project Selection- Film:

    The aspects of film that appeal to me the most are script writing and directing. As seen in the documentary Ferris Beuller's Day Off: Inside Story, John Hughes is described as someone who loved to create and put their heart into his projects. I find that if I were to create a film, I would want to put that same passion and heart into my own project.  For that reason, I believe that if I were to make a film for my AICE Media Studies project, I think that translating my vision into film would be difficult.

There would be no possible way of knowing if my work would yield results that would make any struggles I went through creating the film worth it. Essentially, I believe that I will always be dissatisfied with the end result of my project.

Within a group of 2-4 other students, creative freedom would be restricted, since not every person in the group will agree to the same ideas. On the other hand, working in a group to create a film would relieve each individual member from a lot of work, since the load will be evenly shared amongst the group.

Furthermore, through each individual member's blogposts, it will be evident which members deserve higher marks based on the effort they put into the film and blogposts, so that relieves the notion that being in a group will give undeserving members high marks that they do not deserve.

Additionally, my Media Studies class has viewed many films made by students from previous years as well as extracts from past AICE Media Studies Exams, so I have many examples to take inspiration from and use as a model for whatever I create.

Creating a film could be a rewarding creative experience that would allow me to think critically as well as creatively with a group of classmates.

However, I believe that creating a film, even in a group could be trickier than making a magazine on my own. The workload seems to be disproportionally larger than that of someone who decides to create a magazine.

Comments

Popular Posts