Project Selection-Magazine

Project Selection- Magazine:


After watching All the President's Men, analyzing a magazine and viewing other blog examples, there are some aspects of print journalism that are of interest to me.

Woodward and Bernstein admirably went through great lengths to find credible sources and how clever they were when procuring information.
Their dedication to print media and credibility is honorable, and something I would attempt to mirror in the articles I would write if I decide to create a magazine.

In the documentary Nixon, we saw how negatively perceived the press was in the eyes of Richard Nixon, and most importantly, we were shown the dedication of the press to obtain sources and information that are both accurate and credible.

The search for credible sources and accurate information is absolutely crucial to magazines that rely on time sensitive topics, such as technology, fashion and health magazines.
 Furthermore, I believe that creating a creating a magazine would suit my interests because of elements of photography and writing that I would have the opportunity to work with.

I love editing and taking photos, and I believe that creating a magazine would allow me to have more creative freedom than a film would, since I would have to rely on other actors and team members.

Additionally, writing articles for a magazine greatly appeals to me. I love writing stories, op-eds and essays because through them I can most accurately typify what I believe or wish to discuss. In a magazine, there is more room for me to insert my own voice into a work and communicate a message more clearly and directly.




Comments

Popular Posts